Economically strong and financially self-reliant Indian society with ‘regular savings – a way of life’.
Mobilization of Savings by inculcation of habit of thrift among the masses and to provide avenues for safe and convenient investment to the small savers.
- To create awareness about importance of savings and popularize National Savings Schemes for financial inclusion and mobilization of resources for financing developmental plans of the State and Central Government.
- To provide savings instruments to all sections of the society as per their saving potential and need to attain individual financial self sufficiency.
- Development of skill and motivation of the Sales and Service Delivery Personnel.
- To ensure all time availability and maintenance of optimal stock of savings certificates, AAR Books, CTS Cheque Books, ASLAAS-5 Cards with post offices and appointing authorities of agents.
- To check and ensure compliance of AML/CFT norms, under the PML Act, 2002, applicable on National Savings Schemes.
- Redressal of investors’ grievances and queries.
1. Organizing outreach campaigns for creating awareness about savings and promote financial inclusion.
2. All India publicity of National Savings Schemes involving audio-visual and print media.
3. Collection and collation of data regarding performance of the schemes.
4. Collection of investors feed back on the schemes.
5. Preparation of policy input report for designing and restructuring of the National Savings Schemes and submission to the Ministry of Finance.
6. International cooperation in the field of mobilization of savings, with World Savings Banks Institute and its Member countries..
7. Organising training programmes for personnel of State Govt./Banks/Post Offices and authorized agents.
8. Monitoring of printing and supply of savings certificates and CTS Cheque Books by the ISP, Nasik.
9. Monitoring of printing and supply of ASLAAS-5 Cards and Authorized Agents’ Receipt Books by the Government of India Presses.
10. Payment of printing charges to ISP Nasik and Govt. of India Presses.
11. Inspection of Post Offices for ensuring compliance of AML/CFT norms under the PML Act 2002, applicable on National Savings Schemes.
12. Coordination with State Directorates of Small Savings, Deptt. of Posts, Banks and authorized agents and redressal of investors’ grievances and queries.